Adventure in the Colorful City of Copenhagen
In just a few short weeks I will be heading back to Denmark to kick-off my indefinite travels. I was just in Copenhagen not 7 months ago, and by no means did I think I would be back in less than a year... but I’m definitely not mad about it! Copenhagen was incredible in the fall, and I hear it’s even better in the summer, so I can’t wait to give you all a follow up.
Whether you’re a first time traveler or a seasoned pro, you’ll be able to find exactly what you’re looking for and more in Copenhagen. The architecture is breathtaking with vibrant colors, the culture is easy-going, and every corner is more beautiful than the last. So, if you’re wondering where your next adventure may take you, I hope you consider Copenhagen. Cheers!
- Lodging: My family and I stayed at Urban House Hostel in the city center of Copenhagen. Really, I can’t recommend this hostel enough. With a bar, cafe and full-service kitchen right downstairs it was perfect for grabbing a coffee, pint of beer, or a bite to eat. The hostel also had laundry facilities, free wifi, a full-kitchen for cooking up your own meals, and en-suite bathrooms, (which if you’ve ever stayed in a hostel before, you understand how great this is.). The staff was incredible, the decor was modern with a mix of hipster, and the location was too perfect. Stay at Urban House, immerse yourself in the culture, and you won’t be disappointed!
- Foodies: Eat anywhere and everywhere and you will be more than satisfied, but my two must-haves are:
- Astor Deep Pan Pizza: Random. I know. But this pizza was too good not to mention!
- Copenhagen Street Food: the name says it all. Go, eat, and be happy
- Public Transit: this is a very convenient, easy-to-use and inexpensive option for getting around - I recommend giving it a shot!
- Rent a bike: Denmark has one of, it not, THE best bike cultures in the world. I didn’t get to bike the last time I was there, but I plan on making a point to do it this summer and I suggest you add it to your itinerary!
And last but not least - Copenhagen is so, incredibly photogenic:
Thank you for reading! As always, if there was something that you were curious about and I didn't cover in this article, please reach out to me! I would be happy to answer any questions, or have a nice life chat. :)
P.S. If you enjoyed this article or know someone who would, please share it with the world!
Photography: Glory Aulik